Saturday 19 February 2011

Which Froth Cafe Menu Items Would be Best to Consume With a Book?

For those of you familiar with my work on Twitter it will not be a shock to learn that I love Froth Cafe. Froth is a lovely little cafe located within Shearer's. The staff are fantastic, the coffee is great and the treats...oh the treats...mmmmmmm.

So this morning I wandered over to Froth with the intention of ordering a latte when I was struck by an idea -  why not get a brownie too? A further idea struck me - get a large latte. Yet another idea struck me - what types of food are best consumed with what types of book? I printed off a list of titles and handed it over to the girls at the cafe. Here is what they came up with:

The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
Gluten free Persian orange cake

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
House made T2 iced tea

The Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown
French style savoury tart with goat's cheese and semi-dried tomatoes

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
Triple chocolate brownie with chunks of white and dark chocolate

Tipping the Velvet by Sarah Waters
Lemon tart

The Shining by Stephen King
Homemade Lasagne

Possum Magic by Mem Fox
Spotted Cow smartie cookie

Well, writing this has definitely made me hungry. And for the record I didn't have a large latte and a brownie this morning, I just had a regular latte. Brownies are for the afternoon. So, let me just look at my watch. Hey! Do you know what time it is? It's afternoon o'clock! 



By Mark,  Jess and Claudia 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment