Friday 20 May 2011

A Brief Chat With Cassandra Clare

Cassandra Clare is the author of The Infernal Devices series and The Mortal Instruments series. She is in town for the Sydney Writers' Festival.

What was the last book you read and what are you currently reading?
I recently finished The Vintner's Luck by Elizabeth Knox and just started Yellowcake by Margo Lanagan.

Which book from your bookshelf at home is your most treasured and why?
Pride and Prejudice. It is not only my favourite book but it belonged to my mother and grandmother before her.

Which fictional character do you most identify with? 
Anne of Green Gables because once I used to hate my red hair and freckles too!

What are you working on next?
An updated version of Pride and Prejudice!
Autographed copies of Cassandra's latest book City of Fallen Angels (Mortal Instruments #4) are available from Shearer's Bookshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment