Friday 6 May 2011

A Brief Chat With Morris Gleitzman

Morris Gleitzman visited Shearer's to sign copies of his new book, Too Small to Fail.

What was the last book you read and what are you currently reading?
The Quants by Scott Patterson. A fascinating piece of journalism about a bunch of maths geniuses on Wall Street who lost a few hundred billion dollars. My GFC novel for kids - Too Small to Fail - is published. The research is done, but I can't stop reading about this subject!

Which book from your bookshelf at home is your most treasured and why?
The battered paperback edition of Joyce Casey's The Horse's Mouth. It was given to me by a man in a clothing factory I used to work in - it rekindled my love of reading at age 17 and led eventually to what I do now.

Which fictional character do you most identify with?
William Brown in Richmal Crompton's Just William stories. Sometimes also Madame Bovary.

What are you working on next?
A collection of short stories call Pizza Cake. Published in November 2011 - I'd better get writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment